Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

WRAP UP: March

Hello! As it's 1st April today, I thought I would do a quick March wrap up post! I'll start with the books I read this month:


I reread Illuminae and Gemina so that I would be fully prepared for Obsidio, all by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, which came out this month! They were just as good, if not better the second time around.  Then I read Obsidio and it was everything I wanted it to be from the finale of this amazing series.  Keep an eye out this week for a series review. 

Then I read In Paris With You by Clementine Beauvais.  I was super excited for this book, which is out in June, as I was a huge fan of another of her books, Piglettes, which came out last year. However this book was totally different - it's a verse novel set in Paris, very romantic - and I didn't enjoy it much at all. I'll be posting a full review nearer the time of publication, but I'm sad to say this wasn't for me. 

However, I then read Scythe by Neal Schusterman and I was absolutely blown away.  I'd heard it was good but I wasn't expecting to love it nearly as much as I did.  I was hooked right from the very start and I'm itching to get the second one now - but I'll have to wait until June until it's published here. I'll be reviewing it in the next week or so look out for that! 

Next up, here's a recap of what I got up to on the blog this month. I decided to restart blogging again since I haven't had time to while at uni, so even though I only posted two posts, I feel like I have achieved something. 

My first post was an Easter TBR post. I've been back from uni for two weeks and I had a big stack of books to read, so I posted about that here. I've managed to read three of the six I wanted to read (and I'm still here for three more days) so I'm pleased. Check out the post to see what's coming up next on my TBR! 


Then I posted a review and giveaway for a signed copy of This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada.  I was lucky enough to go to a meet and greet with Emily while she was over for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize, and it was super fun! We had fun cocktails and great bookish (and otherwise!) conversations.  I absolutely adored This Mortal Coil and I was so happy to be able to give a signed copy away.  If you're still not convinced, you can check out my review here. 

I also acquired a lot of new books this month (I have no self-control in Waterstones and I needed lots of book therapy I mean what can I say...). A fair few of them are still at uni because I couldn't fit them in my cases so I'll include them in my April wrap up, but here's some that I received while at home: 



And that's it for my March wrap up! What have you been reading this month? Please leave your links below, I'd love to see! 

Happy Easter everyone!

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100