Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

July 2014

Hello! School's out and summer's started, so I have lots of time for reading ahead of me! Here's what I've been reading in July:

Heart-Shaped Bruise  Boys Don't Knit  Bella's Reading...

1. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick
3. Trouble by Non Pratt
4. Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne
5. Boys Don't Knit by TS Easton
6. Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith (DNF)
7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

I read quite a lot this month (especially considering I was on a summer camp for a week and didn't have much chance to read!) I started off the month with books by Sarra Manning, Non Pratt and Tanya Byrne so that I could get them signed at YALC, which was AWESOME. They were all really good and I recommend them completely! I then read Boys Don't Knit, continuing with reading UKYA (as most of the YALC authors were UKYA) which was awesome (it's about knitting - what's not to love?) and really funny, and I can't wait to read the sequel in August! I was super excited for Grasshopper Jungle, but unfortunately it bored me and also I didn't really like the writing style or voice, and I didn't care for the main character, Austin. I got about half way through - I might go back to it at some point but I probably won't, sadly! I decided then to read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen because I love her, and I was sure she wouldn't let me down like GJ did! Of course, it was really good and although it wasn't my favourite Austen, it was witty and fun and just brilliant.

Book of the month...


I just love the Pride and Prejudice story, and this companion to The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, does not disappoint! I'll be reviewing it later this month so look out for that!

This month's posts...

REVIEW: Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
REVIEW: Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens
REVIEW: The Worst Girlfriend In The World by Sarra Manning

New books this month...


I got quite a lot of books this month - some for review, some I bought, some gifted and some borrowed! I bought Vivian Versus America, The Coldest Girl In Coldtown and The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting at YALC and can't wait for any of them, and I borrowed The Iron Trial from Cicely (you can check out her awesome blog here) and it looks amazeballs, so thank you Cicely!. Also, a huge thank you to Hodder, Simon and Schuster, Faber & Faber and Penguin for my review books this month - especially for Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead which I am DESPERATE to read because I love the Bloodlines series so much, and for Winterkill by Kate A Boorman, because it looks super interesting. Thanks to Jim and Nina for Curtsies and Conspiracies, and Grasshopper Jungle and Purity too! :D 

Here are some of the awesome titles coming out in August:

The Illusionists (Fearsome Dreamer, #2)  An English Boy in New York (Boys Don't Knit, #2)  The Girl Who Walked On Air
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie  Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)  Let's Get Lost

What were you reading in July?
Have you read any of these books?
What are you most looking forward to reading in August? 


Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100