Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

May 2014 Wrap Up

Hey everyone! Welcome to June!

Books read this month:

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)  We Were Liars  Out of Control

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
2. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (reread)
3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
4. Lobsters by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison
5. Out of Control by Sarah Alderson

Exams started on 12th May so I've not had that much time to read lately, but I've got a break in between exams now for half term so hopefully I'll be able to get lots of books read in between revision! This month I finally read Allegiant and finished Tris' story. I LOVED it and thought the ending was really well done, despite what a lot of other people have said about it. I definitely recommend this series! I had to reread Dorian Gray for my English exam (which went okayish I think) but that's all done now so I NEVER HAVE TO READ IT AGAIN WOOOO because I hate it. I loathe it with a passion, from the bottom of my heart... Don't shoot me! ;) Anyway, strong feelings for Dorian aside, I also read We Were Liars, as part of the #liarsliveread that took place on Twitter on 17th May. It was SUPER FUN and a really great book too! Out of Control was also fabulous and I really enjoyed it. I have a fun guest post from Sarah too, which you should definitely check out (link below)! 

Lobsters

My favourite book of the month though was Lobsters, which I read in one sitting after my longest and most feared exam. It was just sooo good and so awkward and so lovable and gah it was FABULOUS. I also interviewed the authors this month, and you can read that here. (Although Out of Control and We Were Liars also deserve an honourable mention here!)

This month's posts:

REVIEW: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
REVIEW: Allegiant by Veronica Roth
COVER REVEAL AND EXTRACT: Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie by Jeff Norton
INTERVIEW: Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison, authors of Lobsters
GUEST POST: My Favourite Things by Sarah Alderson

New books this month:

Displaying photo.JPG

Boys Don't Knit and After Iris was this month's library haul, and I'm very much looking forward to both! I've had the sequel to After Iris for a little while now so I'm looking forward to being able to finally read it. I've also heard really good things about Boys Don't Knit so I'm hoping that will be a fun read. I was super excited when Say Her Name dropped through my letterbox - definitely will be reading that one as soon as I can! Lastly does anyone know if I can read The Maleficent Seven without having read the other Skulduggery Pleasant books? I'd like to read them, of course, but there are so many of them... :P I also got a sneaky preview of Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo but that's not pictured - which reminds me I need to catch up with Siege and Storm! Huge thanks to Hot Key Books, HarperCollins, Simon and Schuster, Indigo and Chicken House for all of my goodies this month!


So I don't know if you've seen, but Jim from YAYeahYeah is hosting a huge blog tour celebrating all of the awesome books coming out on 5th June (my interview with Tom and Lucy was part of it)  - because there are LOADS. You can head over to the website here to view all of them, but the ones I'm most looking forward to are:

Say Her Name  Picture Perfect (Geek Girl, #3)  Murder Most Unladylike (Wells and Wong, #1)
Lies Like Love  Smart  Embedded image permalink

What did you read in May?
Have you read any of these books yet?
What are you most looking forward to in June? 

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100