Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

Monthly Round-up: February

February started off as a really slow month for me, but in like the past week and a half (coincidentally the same week and a half that I should have been revising for mocks) I read a load of books, so it was surprisingly good! Apart from that, I haven't really done much of anything all month, so I probably won't have a lot to talk about here.


Books Read:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April G Tucholke
Smuggler's Kiss by Marie Louise Jensen
Trouble by Non Pratt
Spy Society by Robin Benway
Banished by Liz De Jager 
Cress by Marissa Meyer

Total: 9 (which is a lot for me by normal length month standards, so I'm pretty happy!)

Books Reviewed:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Trouble by Non Pratt

Weird, I felt like I posted more that I actually did this month. Maybe one year I'll actually manage to be productive instead of just thinking I'm being productive... But yeah, I would have done more this week, but again, mocks are kind of taking up my time right now. But next month, hopefully!

Book of the Month:


Code Name Verity, obviously. Though I did read some really great books this month so it was quite hard to pick. None of them gave me quite the emotional punch to the gut that I got from Verity, though. This sounds pathetic, but I can't talk about That Moment without tearing up.

Didn't do much else this month, though I did go to Liz's launch for Banished (her awesome book which came out on the 27th which you should probably most definitely buy and read) which was a lot of fun! Plus there were Banished cookies, which were fabulous, and I got to see and talk to and meet a bunch of people which was really nice.

Also, I was maybe possibly going to start doing like a monthly In My Mailbox/Letterbox Love thing here instead because I've seen a couple of people doing it and think it might be a good idea! So, here's all the books I got this month :)


Bought:
Young Avengers v2 by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
Banished by Liz de Jager
Cress by Marissa Meyer
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
The Bone Dragon by Alexia Casale
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

Review:
Trouble by Non Pratt 
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (thanks Waker for these two!)
Theodore Boone: The Activist by John Grisham (thanks Hodder!)
Taken by David Massey 
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
Where the Rock Splits the Sky by Philip Webb
The Glass Bird Girl by Esme Kerr (thanks Chicken House for these four!)

Going to try not to be any books in March, but I can promise nothing. My TBR is kind of ridiculously huge but my problem is that I'm pretty never in the mood for any of them which is why I always buy more and it's just a vicious cycle. 

Anyway, that was my February! How was yours?

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100