Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

January 2014

Hello! I hope you've enjoyed the first month of this new year! I haven't had much time for reading due to stupid coursework deadlines (which was yesterday so all out of the way now yay) but I've had a good month nonetheless. Onto the books!

Books read:

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)  How I Live Now  The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson #1)

1. Heist Society by Ally Carter (reread)
2. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
3. The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon

See, told you I hadn't read much! Heist Society was a reread so I could catch up with the series, which I'm very much looking forward to doing in February. I don't think this series is as good as Gallagher Girls (yet!) but still a brilliant read! I saw How I Live Now at the library and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, and it was good! A bit strange though, and the writing style took a little getting used to, but I'm hoping to review it in Feb so if you want to know more look out for that! Lastly, The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson was surprising! I really liked it, and I definitely recommend you check it out. I think my favourite of this month!

This month's posts:


Letterbox Love
Instead of its own post, I'm just going to post a picture of all my new books each month here, as seeing everything together in one place is easier for you guys, right?

Displaying photo.JPG
Apologies for the bad picture!

I made use of the library this month, for the two Heist Society sequels, How I Live Now and Everybody Sees the Ants (which unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to read before I have to take it back.) I got More Than This from Rhys at ThirstForFiction as a Christmas present, so thanks! Very excited for that one. I also attended two blogger showcase events at Random House Children's Books and Faber and Faber, and from them I got some very exciting proofs and finished copies, including Running Girl (which has been compared to SHERLOCK! VERY exciting!) and Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea which I didn't realise was being published here but also looks great, from what I've seen and heard about it so far. Thanks to all who sent/bought me books this month!

I'm sure everyone's already seen this but this happened this month and it's related to books and oh I cried. If you don't know what it is, then go and read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green RIGHT NOW. Then come back and watch this and I dare you not to cry.




In February, I'm looking forward to reading...

Echo Boy  Zom-B Gladiator (Zom-B, #6)  Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School, #1)

Lastly, here are some great new titles to look out for in February!

Banished: The Blackhart Legacy: Book One    Thirteen
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)    

Thanks for reading! I hope all of your Februarys are fantastic :D

What have you been reading this month?

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100