Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

My Best Books of 2013

Hello, dear readers! It is that time of year, once again, where everyone everywhere starts to make lists of all their favourite things from the year, and I love making Best Of lists, so without further ado, here are the books which I enjoyed the most this year! (that I read this year, not that essentially came out this year, in no particular order):


1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman


Just One Day is the first book of this year which I truly loved, and I feel like it's one of those books that I am going to come back and reread pretty often. It wasn't heartbreaking like If I Stay, and it didn't have the same sort of emotional impact, but it is a beautiful book about a girl who finds herself. You'll find that this is a recurring theme throughout this list.

2. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales


Yes, I am going to keep going on about this book. Again, it's a book about a girl finding herself, but apart from that similarity, it's different from Just One Day, but just as good. Definitely a must read for anyone who likes contemporary, especially contemps about music. It's brilliant, and I just really loved it.

3. Undone by Cat Clarke



Undone is easily the most emotionally effecting book that I have read this year. It tore my heart out. Cat Clarke is an incredibly talented author, and this is her best offering yet. It is dark and upsetting and difficult and I absolutely loved it. I don't think I'll forget about that cruel, yet expected, ending for a long time.

4. Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning



A much more optimistic book than Undone, Nobody's Girl is probably my personal favourite Sarra Manning book. As much as I adore Adorkable, Nobody's Girl felt a lot more personal to me because I could see a lot of myself in Bea. It's one of those books that I read and felt like it had been written for me, you know? So good.


5. Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson



Girl of Fire and Thorns one of the few high fantasies that I read this year and I completely adored it. It completely took me by surprise as I wasn't expected to love it anywhere near as much as I did. It was stunning, and I still can't quite believe that I haven't got myself a copy of the sequel yet because that is something that I need to have.

6. The Raven Boys & The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater



I can't believe I only got around to reading the first two books in the Raven Cycle this year. I love Maggie's books so I don't know why when The Raven Boys first came out, it never really grabbed my attention. It has my attention now. Maggie Stiefvater is an incredibly skilled and talented author. Her writing is amazing, and the story and the characters of The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves are original and wonderful and I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next book.


7. The Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy



*sighs* This series started out so fun. It was all adventures and magic and silly names and standard sort of Middle Grade brilliance. Now it just hurts.

No, but in all seriousness, this series is awesome. To me, they feel like a combination of Doctor Who and Harry Potter, but, you know, different. And with much less time travel and boarding schools. Yeah. I love this series.


8. United We Spy by Ally Carter



How could I not include the final book in my beloved Gallagher Girls series in this list?! It was the perfect farewell to one of my favourite series of books, and I will miss them immensely. God, they just make me so happy. I think I'm going to have to set aside some time for a reread at some point.

9. Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve



Another book that I wasn't expecting to love, but did. It wasn't perfect, but that was what I loved about it. Plus the writing was luscious and the world building was brilliant and the characters were equal parts lovable and despicable. Properly good.

10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



I could have quite easily picked either of Rainbow Rowell's books for this list, but while Eleanor & Park is beautiful and lovely, just thinking about Fangirl makes me so happy that I had to pick it. I can see myself rereading this a lot in the future for comfort, and Rainbow Rowell is sort of taking a place beside Sarra Manning and Sarah Dessen as one of my favourite contemp authors. 


Honorable mentions: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J K Rowing, Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder, This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson



What were your favourite books from 2013?

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100