Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

Monthly Round-Up: November

Hey lovelies! It feels like this month has gone super quickly. I cannot believe that it's already December! Bloody hell. But, on the other hand, it's almost Christmas! I'm so excited! I love Christmas!

Okay, so onto what I actually got up to this month. I seem to have emerged out of my reading slump well enough, but I think I'm still in a bit of a blogging funk. But that's been for, like, this whole year so I don't think that really counts. I still love blogging, I just feel like I never have any ideas any more for anything that isn't a review. But, again, I have only ever really done about two discussion posts a year so I guess it's not all that big of a deal.


Books Read:
This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
Captain Marvel Volume 1 by Kelly Sue Deconnick
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
World After by Susan Ee
Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing With Fire by Derek Landy
Wonder Woman Volume 2 by Brian Azzarello
Skulduggery Pleasant: The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy
Skulduggery Pleasant: Dark Days by Derek Landy

Books Reviewed:
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

Book of the Month:
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers


Yeah, it's kind of amazing how I can read that many books and still only post three reviews. And Cait, if you're reading this, please don't be offended that I didn't pick a Skulduggery book as book of the month. It would've been super hard to pick one out of the four that I've read as being the best... ;)

But yeah, I feel like November has been a pretty good month for me. Usually, I slump in November, but I think because I didn't try tackling NaNo this year like I usually do, I got round to actually reading and stuff! I also finally went to see Catching Fire, and you can see what I thought of it here. The short version is basically that it's amazing and you should go and see it now if you already haven't which, let's face it, is probably not the case.

I also went to a couple of really great events this month: the Holly Black and Sarah Rees Brennan thing at Foyles and the My Kinda Book launch party. It was really, really great to meet Holly Black who is an author that I have loved for a reallllly long time, and she was so lovely and hopefully she didn't think I was too weird so that was fun. And Sarah Rees Brennan is always brilliant and hilarious. Also, Leila Sales and Sarra Manning were at the MKB launch, and even though I didn't get to talk to Sarra, I did get to fangirl to Leila Sales about how much I loved This Song Will Save Your Life (which if you haven't read yet, read it. Now. I command you.) so that was super great. I hope that there will be some stuff on in December too because I really like seeing all of the British blogger people that are always about at the events in London.

Unfortunately, I have just gotten into Person of Interest which is kind of taking up all of my time at the minute (it's actually so good, even though I just accidentally spoiled myself about what happened in last weeks episode when I'm only on season 1). And I've got some more coursework to do, but that shouldn't get in the way too much. Not when I've still got another 3 and a half Skulduggery books to read.

So, that's enough rambling for now, I reckon... How was your month? I hope that December is great too!

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100