Chuyển đến nội dung chính

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

The Secret

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set In Boarding Schools

I'm on holiday right now with lots of family so it's difficult to get time to myself, so I probably won't be writing any reviews until I get back home. So I've got a Top Ten Tuesday for you to today!


TOP TEN BOOKS SET IN BOARDING SCHOOLS

Today's topic was 'Books Set In X' so I chose boarding schools because boarding schools are awesome. I love the drama and relationships that take place between teenagers living together 24/7, without parental supervision... Great fun! Here are my top ten picks:

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)Harry Potter by JK Rowling - Obviously.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I reread this yesterday and oh my goodness I'd forgotten how perfect it is. I want to go to boarding school in France!

Shades of London by Maureen Johnson - These books are great, set in a boarding school in London. Can't wait for the next one!

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - These books are such good reads! Funny too. I love them.

Night School by CJ Daugherty - I absolutely adore this series! Allie's great and I can't wait to read more in the series.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - If you haven't read these then you are definitely missing out! They're really good and the first book's being made into a movie so you should catch up quickly!

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - This is a spin off from Vampire Academy and it's just as good. Such a great twist on vampires.

The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan - I know there's been some mixed reviews of this book but I absolutely loved it. Brilliant!

Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter - I only finished the first one this morning but I really would love to visit the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women! So good and I can't wait to read the next books in the series.

The Rig by Joe Ducie - Technically this isn't a boarding school book, but I didn't have a tenth book so I chose this. It's set in a prison and they have lessons there, so I guess that kind of counts? Anyway, it comes out in September and you should definitely check it out - it's really, really good!

What are your favourite boarding school books and why do you like them so much? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know and leave me a link to your Top Ten Tuesdays in the comments! Thanks for reading :)

Thanks to The Broke and Bookish for hosting!


Nhận xét

Popular Posts

SWORD OF SOTER by @RaleneBurke w/ @PrismBookTours #GuestPost #SOSPrism #Giveaway

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy #2) By Ralene Burke YA Fantasy, Christian Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages September 25th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing Inc NEW KINGDOM. NEW FRIENDS. NEW DANGERS. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED … Karina, Tristian, Rashka, and Sam venture forth into the wilderness of Soter on the next leg of their quest to retrieve the Armor of the Creator. With the ancient evil already affecting the kingdom, nothing in Soter is what it seems—from what skulks beneath the canopies of the woods to what lies within the sleek white and gold of the capitol city to the people Karina and Tristan have known since they were children. Danger lurks around every corner. Discerning who to trust is paramount to staying alive and discovering the location of the Temple of Soter. Yet, to Karina’s horror, Faramos’s reach finds them time and again. The longer they are forced to dawdle, the more people are affected by the growing panic in Soter, and the ...

Grand Finale: CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR by @JenniferFaye34 w/ @PrismBookTours #Giveaway #Free #Bookmark

On Tour with Prism Book Tours Book Tour Grand Finale for Claiming the Drakos Heir By Jennifer Faye We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops you'll find snippets, as well as the link to each full post, below: Launch - Note from the Author Hi. :-) Thank you for joining me with the launch for the second book in the Greek Island Brides trilogy ~ CLAIMING THE DRAKOS HEIR. When a freak accident kills Popi’s adopted sister and brother-in-law, she is left carrying her sister’s baby. Agreeing to be a surrogate had been a big decision for Popi and one she hadn’t taken lightly. And now that her sister is gone, it is up to Popi to step up and raise the child of her heart. . . It's All About the Romance - Excerpt Her life was about to change in so many ways, as the baby was due in a couple of weeks. Not long at all— Knock-knock. Knock-knock. So much for ignoring them. “Anyone home?” A male voice called out through the open window. Who could that be? Popi wasn’t expecti...

Book Review: Department 19 by Will Hill

Title:  Department 19 Author:  Will Hill Series:   Department 19, #1 Pages:   489 Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books Date of Publication:  1st September, 2011 Source:  Bought Synopsis from Goodreads: Jamie Carpenter's life will never be the same. His father is dead, his mother is missing, and he was just rescued by an enormous man named Frankenstein. Jamie is brought to Department 19, where he is pulled into a secret organization responsible for policing the supernatural, founded more than a century ago by Abraham Van Helsing and the other survivors of Dracula. Aided by Frankenstein's monster, a beautiful vampire girl with her own agenda, and the members of the agency, Jamie must attempt to save his mother from a terrifyingly powerful vampire. "Department 19" takes us through history, across Europe, and beyond - from the cobbled streets of Victorian London to prohibition-era New York, from the icy wastes of Arctic Russia to the treac...

Free $100